2023 IALA Planning Board
BECOME A board member!
Join an environment of learning, fun and success!
Overview of Board Purpose: The Indie Author Legacy Awards® (IALA) Planning Board is responsible for the overall development and management of the Gala & Awards Ceremony including screening nominations, recruiting exhibitors, promoting the event, programming and guests logistics.
The board works in conjunction with the executive producer to develop funding and sponsorships. The board will include a chair, co-chair, secretary and two members at-large. Each member will be assigned a designated role to manage and support the flow of information and communication in one of the following areas:
- Venue: lodging and travel
- Logistics: guests and exhibitors
- Marketing: email marketing & social media management
- Shipments: awards, printed materials, and decorations
- Program: advertisement and ceremony content
- Nominees are not eligible for this opportunity.
- Prior experience in one of the areas listed above.
- Clear, effective and engaging communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and accurate attention to visual and textual details
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Must be flexible, diplomatic, ambitious, responsive, and results oriented
- Proactive in troubleshooting and solving problems
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with a sense of urgency
Compensation and Duration:
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. All board members will receive (1) complementary general admission ticket, a (1) night hotel stay, and a $50 ground transportation stipend.
The duration is six months (January 2022 – June 2023). All meetings are virtual and as follows:
- Board Orientation: 1.5 hours (December 2022)
- 1x per month from (January- February)
- 2x per month (March – May)
- 1x per week during the month of the event (June 2023)
How to Apply:
Submit the application below, and make sure to explain your interest, goal(s) and qualifications where prompted. We look forward to receiving your information!